We believe that creating your brand and promoting yourself is everything! MV makes it easy for your fans to visit your social media profiles directly from our platform, by allowing you to link your social profiles from a variety of sites.
There are two ways to link your social media, the steps for each are provided below:
1) Go to the drop-down menu > Marketing Tools > Social Media and add the direct links to each of your profiles, then hit "Save".
2) Or, go to the drop-down menu > My MV > Settings >Social Media and add your social media links, then hit "Save".
You will also notice that you have the option to link your Twitter account and have your sales and uploads auto-tweet directly to your Twitter feed. For detailed steps on setting up your auto-tweets, check out our article How do I link my Twitter to auto-tweet my sales?
Linking your Twitter account to your ManyVids account is a great way to promote your content on Twitter with minimal effort on your part. Your sales will be auto-tweeted based on the frequency you choose. Here's how to set that up!
First, go to your drop-down menu > Marketing Tools > Social Media. You should see on the "Social Media" section of this page a button that says "Link Twitter account". Before clicking that, make sure to add your full Twitter profile URL just below this button, then scroll down and click "Save". For example, the ManyVids Twitter URL is https://twitter.com/manyvids.
When that is saved, you can now click the <Link Twitter account> button and enter your Twitter login detail and click <Authorize app>. Your Twitter is now linked!
To further customize your auto-tweets, go to your drop-down menu > Marketing Tools > MV Promo Blaster and there you will see the different frequency options for how often you want your sales to be auto-tweeted.
MV Social Promo Blaster
On ManyVids we believe that celebrating success is so much more fun when shared with all your fellow MV stars and adoring fans! To help you do just that, we have introduced the MV Social Promo Blaster !
To activate this feature, go to your drop-down Menu > Marketing Tools > MV Social Promo Blaster (https://www.manyvids.com/Social/MV-social-posts/)
Each time you sell a Vid, a promotional post is generated and auto-posted to your MV Social feed. You can set the post frequency set to each, 2nd, 5th, 10th, 30th, 50th sale, or an option to select 'Never'.
**Please note that the MV Social Promo Blaster will only autopost VID sales.
Twitter Promo Blaster
The Twitter Promo Blaster is an automated feature that you can turn on and link to your Twitter account so that’ll Tweet when you make a sale and link to the vid being sold. This is a great way to promote your content automatically!
ManyVids has great traffic internally but this is a powerful and fantastic way to engage your fans outside of the platform as they get to see what vids are popular, discover new content, and get curious about the vids you’re selling on your MV Profile!
When you link your Twitter to your MV account, the Twitter Promo Blaster will automatically be set up to your account. You can adjust the frequency of the auto-tweets by clicking the drop-down Menu > Marketing Tools > Twitter Promo Blaster (https://www.manyvids.com/MV-promo-blaster/).
ManyVids always seeks to provide creators with options. You can choose the frequency for the auto-tweets being sent out and you can turn it off, or on and off, as you see fit! Choose between auto-tweets every 2 sales, 5 sales, 10 sales, 20 sales, 50 sales or never if you wish to turn it off. We'd like to point out that, Twitter does have some parameters in place against spam, so we’re limited to a certain number of auto-tweets sent out per hour. If you sold a vid and don’t see an auto-tweet, it could be that we’ve reached the limit. We have no control over this Twitter limit.
You can also choose between tweeting a teaser vid, or a screenshot, under the "Tweet Type" selection:
Be sure to 'Save' your changes!
So, this is a feature for Twitter...should I still be active on Twitter or let the Promo Blaster take care of promo for me?
We recommend being active on all social media channels and outlets to maximize the number of eyes on your content! Interact with your fans, promote your content, talk up your free vids, post pics, chat with your peers, put yourself out there and have fun doing it. You’ll make new fans, new friends, and new sales.
MV Flyer is a mass-messaging tool that lets you send direct messages to all your followers at once!
MV Flyers can include text, pics or vids! You also have the option to send Pay to Open messages. This is a great tool to use if you want to share a promo code, let your fans know about sales and any new vids or store items that you've uploaded!
Your MV Flyer in located in your inbox (click the envelope in the top right corner). Or you can access it by going to your drop-down menu > My MV > Send MV Flyer.
Anything you send from here will go out to all your followers. We're sure they'll be happy to hear from you! :)
To create a promo code to share with your fans, go to the drop-down menu > Marketing Tools > Promo Codes (https://www.manyvids.com/Promo-codes/).
The initial page will have a full history of your promo codes allowing you to edit and re-activate previous Promo Codes.
To create a new code, click Create New Promo Code (blue button) and fill out your promo details!
For each promo code you create you can select a title, promo code type (markup codes increase the price of a sale, this is generally used for financial domination fetish), discount percentage, item/services it applies to, if it apply to items currently on sale (that are already marked down) and the date range of the promo code for when it will be active and when it will deactivate. Don't forget to save the changes!
You can share promo codes on your Activity, MV Flyer, MV Crush Club, on your social profiles or wherever you like! Members will be prompted to use this at checkout and it will only work on your own store.
Please note, if a member uses a promo code to pay for a service that is recurring, they will continue to pay the promo code/ discounted price as long as they continue to auto-renew, this is also true if you edit the price of that service.
If you connected your Twitter account to your MV account, but you notice not all of your sales are auto-tweeting, there could be several causes for this.
First, keep in mind that Twitter may prevent some auto-tweets from MV as they limit the amount of Tweets that can come from one site daily. If you have other sites that are sending auto-tweets on your account, this can also prevent some tweets from sending from MV.
Be sure to check your MV Promo Blaster by going to your drop-down menu > Marketing Tools > MV Promo Blaster as this is where you can change the frequency of your auto-tweets for sales to see if it's set to your liking.
If you still find that your auto-tweets are not sending, you may need to unlink and relink your Twitter account to your MV Account. To do so, go through the following steps:
1. On Twitter, go to your drop-down menu > Settings and privacy > Apps and Devices and locate all ManyVids apps and click "Revoke access" (This must be done prior to relinking your account or the issue will persist).
2. On ManyVids, go to your drop-down menu > Marketing Tools > Social Media and remove your Twitter URL, click 'Unlink Twitter account' then save.
3. Add your Twitter link again and hit Save, then click "Link Twitter account", enter your Twitter login credentials and hit "Authorize app".
After relinking your Twitter, be sure to go to your drop-down menu > Marketing Tools > MV Promo Blaster to set your auto-tweets to your liking.
MV is an adult social media platform that gives you a storefront from which you can sell your content and generate revenue. Like all social media sites, being active and engaging with fans is the key to becoming successful. Here are some tips to get noticed as a successful content creator:
- Create a fun profile by uploading vids, store items, pictures, fill your about section and add services (Video Chat, Text, MV Crush Club, Custom Vids etc). Did you know that just uploading a profile picture will increase your chance of sales by almost 65%?
- Upload a minimum of 7 vids to offer variety to your fans to choose from.
- Have fun and interesting store items such as lollipops, costumes, shoes etc. Store items are usually physical goods but can also be photo sets and texting / chatting packages.
- If you have more than 7 vids, 5 store items, 15 pictures, a profile picture, and a completed about section, it will increase your chances of selling of almost 55% compare to a profile with less choices.
- Using your social media profiles and inviting your fans to visit your MV Profile is the best way to get started.
- Simply being active will make all the difference! Uploading new content and promoting it on your social media and on MV will increase your chance of sales by over 80%.
- We have the Twitter Promo Blaster, which will automatically Tweet out your sales from your Twitter profile. So, make sure to link your Twitter account!
- We also have the MV Social Promo Blaster where you can post your sales on MV Social! You can toggle how often you want these to post by going to your drop-down menu > Marketing Tools > MV Social Promo Blaster
- Your fans are your best customers. Invite them to follow you on MV and stay in touch with them.
To support our efforts to make MV a safe space for all users, external links / URLs and text mentions to other adult sites are not permitted. Watermarks in vids uploaded from February 20, 2021 onward that display links to other adult sites are also not permitted. ManyVids cannot risk hosting links to other websites that may not hold the same standards for Trust & Safety as we do. As social media platforms are designed for self-expression, MV Stars are permitted to link their Twitter and their Instagram in their Social Media settings.
Please note: As of May 18th, we will be applying our external link policy. We will no longer permit any non-ManyVids URLs or links in the following areas of the platform:
- About Me
- MV Social Posts
The MV Team will be taking action to remove any mentions of external links from the site in the sections listed above. Additionally, from May 18th MV Stars will also no longer be able to add any external links to the areas mentioned.
FAQs regarding external links on ManyVids
Are watermarks on vids permitted at all?
Absolutely, watermarks on vids that feature logos, stage names, your brand website, or any other unique identifier for content protection are allowed. Details on watermark acceptance criteria is available here.
Can I post external links to my social media profiles?
Can I link to my personal site or link tree site?
Personal website or link tree sites are not permitted. Watermarks have special acceptance criteria available here.
When did this policy come into effect?
- Any content uploaded before February 20, 2021 is excluded from the external link policy (any links or watermarks are permitted).
- Content uploaded from February 20, 2021 onward is subject to the policy, however enforcement only begins May 20, 2021. A 90 day notice period is provided to adjust content that was prepared before the policy was announced.
Can I still send Direct Messages to Members with links to share files?
The following external links are permitted in the Inbox/PMs to share content: GoogleDrive, WeTransfer and Dropbox. You can also share content with Members via MV Link, along with all ManyVids content links. To learn how to create and send an MV Link, visit the article here!
Can I mention external sites, without using a link?
- In addition to URL’s and links, directly mentioning certain platforms is not permitted in any area of ManyVids (About Me, vids, MV Social, Inbox, Contest entries etc)
- Full enforcement for mentions of external sites comes into effect as of May 18, 2021. Posts made before this date do not need to be edited by the account owner, as these changes will be applied automatically.
Can I link to my entry in a contest on an external site?
Links to contest entries on external sites are not permitted.
MV Live is the place to be, it's interactive, easy to use and offers 80% payout.
You can now let the MV Community know when you'll be going live. Don't miss out on the chance to have your next MV Live Show announced on the platform! Simply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Watermarking your content is an important step to help protect yourself from content piracy problems, and ManyVids encourages watermarking all content. But what kind of watermarks are permitted on MV?
To align with our guidelines on external links, aimed at ensuring the safety of the MV Community, we allow watermarks that feature your individual brand, or a website you own and manage that matches your brand. We don’t permit watermarks that display URLs to external platforms.
To help illustrate this, here are some examples of watermarking do’s and don’ts:
Content uploaded from February 20, 2021 onward is subject to the policy, however enforcement only begins May 20, 2021. For more information about our external link guidelines, click here.
Always here to help!
Why should MV Stars take part in contests? Contests are an exciting way for MV Stars to promote themselves and their content, be seen by new MV Members, and achieve more success on MV!
When do contests happen? Every week we have a new unique contest running. Sometimes the contest is a 1-day contest (Winning Wednesday) and at other times there may be a longer theme contest happening with even bigger prizes.
Participating in contests is easy! No matter if you win or not, you'll be sure to have a great time and get additional exposure for your MV profile.
Check out this article to get tips on how to win an MV Contest!